09 Dec

Burn Update

Posted by Jenna, Under Personal

You can bet I’ll be much more careful when working around hot curling irons from now on. At this point I’m still showering with a bag on my hand, just in case, but I’ve taken the bandage off of my hand so I can type again. Typing with 7 fingers is no fun.

1. Ouch! That looks so painful!
    Glad to hear it seems to be healing…

2. Oh, I cringe in anticipated pain every time I look at your hand. Owch!

3. Owie!

This is random, but skin after its been burned is so fascinatingly strange and weird. It’s all bubbly and loose.

4. Ouch, I hope it gets better ASAP!

5. Youch! I hope your hands continue to have a speedy recovery.

6. Ouch! I’ve burned myself so many times on curling irons. The worst was as I was getting ready for my best friends wedding. Take care of it, you don’t want it to scar!

7. That looks like it hurts! Feel better!

8. The exact thing happened to me when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I grabbed the curling iron by the barrel and shrieked in pain, seeing as this was my first serious burn, and couldn’t function for the rest of the day because the pain was so shocking. And then I had fun playing with the weird, bubbly blisters. It’s gross, yes, but hey, I was 8 or 9.

9. You poor poor thing!!!!!!! That looks SO PAINFUL! I spilled boiling hot soup on the hand the other day, it didn’t blister but it hurt a heck of a lot. Luckily I work at a doctor’s office so they gave me that Silvadene stuff to put on it.

10. Ow! I cut my thumb with a really sharp knife on the weekend so I can sympathize. It’s amazing how much we use our hands!!

PS – Congrats on the Tulle win!!!!!

11. try putting Water Jel on it, your pharmacist should be able to order it for you. It’s got aloe, vitamin E, tea tree oil, and lidocane (numb is good). When my guy put his hand on a hot burner last year it really helped his hand feel better.

12. oh jenna, you poor thing! that looks so painful. :( i once burnt my leg on the exhaust pipe of a scooter while it was still running – OUCH. i feel your pain!