09 Dec

Crawling. Oh My!

Posted by Jenna, Under baby

He started crawling right at 7 months and it was as life-altering as everyone tells you it will be. The next ground-breaking shift? Walking. Wheeeeeeee!

He likes when you are down at his level.

This is his special pose. We call it his “sexy pose” because it looks like he is trying to seduce you whenever he does it.

little boy. BIG TV.

He is obsessed with his own reflection in the oven door. Not a great place for him to be because he still topples over backwards sometimes when he is on his knees like this.

His new best friend.

Once he started moving we bought him a cage so he can be in the office while I’m on the computer. He likes it in there and I like that I don’t have to watch him every second.

Less than a week later, he started sitting up all the way all the time! I’m going to take day-in-the-life pictures today so you’ll see plenty of the sitting action in a week or two.

1. he is soooooo cute and adorable. This post made me happy.

2. You have the happiest, most adorable baby boy. I can only hope to be so lucky some day!

3. I love that 4th picture so much! Also, love the cage, it’s awesome!

4. Love the idea of a cage. It seems like the kind of thing a lot of people would frown on, but it’s really just a bigger pack ‘n play…

It’s a fantastic way to create a room within a room. We love it.

Jen Reply:

Where did you get the cage? My son is getting to that age too and I work from home so it would be nice to have!

I ordered it from Amazon. I think they call it a play yard? I read reviews that said to avoid the one with a honeycomb pattern so I went with the one that has bars instead. It’s expandable too which is really nice!

Natalie Reply:

I love how Heather at http://thespohrsaremultiplying.com/ refers to her daughters cage as a “gated community.” Too funny!

5. A cage!!! Hahahaha! Lovin’ the sexy pose! He’s just too cute!

6. I love how you straight-up call it a cage (which is totally what it is, along with pack-n-plays and the like). No PC “baby enclosure area”. Hehe love it Jenna :)

Austyn Reply:

I loved this too. Way to keep it real.

7. Love the ‘sexy pose’ He’s just so funny. You can really start to see his personality show through your pictures now!

8. thank you for pandering to all your readers who want to see adorable T1 pics! Love these! My fav is the 4th one where he’s crawling an reaching out his arm. So excited to be moving!

9. It must be quite exciting to see all those changes. I guess it’s going to be a lot of learning moments now on what he can and cannot touch, good luck!
    Those pictures are great and just make me want to have one myself.
    Oh and the cage idea is great. Any large area where a child can play safely is good, we still have to be grown ups after all. I’ll keep it in mind.
    I think we had some sort of parcs when we were kids.

10. Love seeing him move around! I love this age! And love those little glimpses of your new place – maybe you’ve showed up off your new place and I missed it, but boy the light is great!

I haven’t done “the tour” yet because I still need to hang some stuff up. I like doing those posts because it’s fun for me to look back and see pictures of each place we’ve lived!

11. He is such a perfect composite of you and TH!

12. Stop it. Your baby is too cute. I can’t handle it. It’s like looking at pictures of cheesecake or tropical beaches – the excrutiating look but don’t touch. Seriously, T1 is the most adorable baby I’ve ever seen.

13. He just looks so happy!! Adorable! :)

14. haha sexy pose. em did that too. we called it her model pose – like those swimsuit models did in a different era.

15. I need one of these soooo bad. Bean is all over the place and pulling herself up and furniture walking now..It’s amazing but a lot of work!

16. The sexy pose is awesome. He’s a future Fabio, T1.

17. Lincoln didn’t start crawling until 9 months! I feel bad for you. Prepare to have no decorations up (at least at his reach), always vacuuming the carpet (they put anything and everything in their mouths), and never being able to sit down! He is adorable though! I say this every time, but he looks JUST LIKE your hubby. So cute!! I can’t wait to meet him. You are bringing him to dinner, right?!?

18. Hehe, Baby T does the sexy pose too — we call it the drama pose. Isn’t it crazy to realize that just a few short months ago they were just immobile little balls of cuteness and now you can set them down, look away for five seconds and they’re halfway across the house?? Baby T is walking now (her birthday is Saturday) and in a way it is hard to keep up with her, but in a way I find it freeing because she can amuse herself SO much better.

19. Miss Giraffe says:

Oh my goodness. T1 is quite possibly the cutest little boy ever! Looking over these photos is so ridiculously fun because that baby is adorable. You seem like a great mom and your baby seems so happy!

20. I just love how happy he always is!

21. Jenna, he is just SO adorable! I love the idea of the “cage,” such a nice alternative to a playpen/pack ‘n play!

22. I love the picture posts because it makes me realize how quickly time goes by. Mine is only 3 months and I am trying not to look forward and enjoy the moment. He is adorable!!

23. I like the baby cage. lol. Too bad my 4 year old will not stay in there.