26 Jul

Thousands of Lanterns Floating Over Poland

Posted by Jenna, Under lovely

I’ve got a big day planned for today. I’m trying to break into the high school senior photography market, but I as of yet don’t really have any sessions under my belt. So I offered to do a free session for a girl in the area, if she agreed to do it all on my terms. :) We’re leaving the house at 5:30 am to photograph on a farm with bunting and a Yurt and laundry hanging on the line to dry and an Airstream and chickens and vegetables and a greenhouse and all sorts of other lovely things. Then we are going to come home and rest and recover before going outside for the evening shoot, complete with evening gown and (hopefully) an old house and lots of¬†experimenting¬†with off-camera-flash.

If I don’t want to get overwhelmed by all of that, I need to take a breather and look at something relaxing. This video, one of the most enchanting scenes I’ve ever seen, should do the trick.

11,000 Lanterns Floating Over Poland – Watch more Funny Videos

I absolutely must see something like this in person before I die. How can I make this happen?

1. Good luck today! Hope the weather for you is better than here in Seattle. Can’t wait to see pics!

2. Lol at “if she agreed to do it all on my terms” – all of those things sound so wonderful but I can understand how a 17 year-old might be a bit of a skeptic! Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

3. That is like the scene from Tangled. I wonder if that is where they got the idea from? On another note…can I have a session too?

Julia Reply:

I thought the same thing! It’s even more beautiful in the live-action version ;) I’d love to see it in real life.

4. What are the lanterns for? I definitely agree…that is an event worth putting on anybody’s bucket list!

Good luck on the shoot! Can’t wait to see photos. :)

5. ooh – senior portraits seem like a PERFECT market for you! Once you are back in Chicago, would your ward be a great source of clients? And it only takes a few seniors to really like their pics and post them on facebook to get clients out of the ward. SO happy for you! Great idea!! Have fun!!

6. That seems like it would be so much fun! Good luck and I look forward to seeing the results! :)

7. I’ve never seen anything like that! (except for in tangled). So cool! Good luck with the photo shoot!

8. can’t wait to see the session – you will do awesome for sure! :)

9. Michelle says:

I’m on the Tangled boat. :) Good luck with a getting a high schooler up so early!

10. Wow-that’s beautiful! Good luck on the shoot!

11. You can buy the laterns online. :) My bro got some from China. They are huge- much like the ones in this season’s Bachelorette.

12. That sounds amazing – the scenery alone sounds terrific! I can’t wait to see the photos you take!

13. stop everything you are doing and watch “tangled”! :) a) it’s adorable and b) you sound exactly like her!

14. Good luck on your shoot(s)! Sounds like fun :)

15. What is this event called??? I would love to know more information about what it is, when it takes place, and why they do it!

I don’t know. Click on the link and you can find a little bit more information but that’s all I know.