I’m feeling like a Brain Dump today.
1. We are back in Chicago again. I miss my parents, not just for the free babysitting but because they’re really fun to be around. I’m not sure when we became friends (and not just relatives) but it’s a nice place to be.
2. T1 visiting That Husband at my dad’s office and showing off his new hat.
3. We came home just in time for them to start drilling and working on the apartment above us. This means 8 hours a day of buzzing, banging, and noise pollution and I feel like I”m going out of my mind. They offered up free membership to the gym and pool for those affected (which I already have) or access to the club on the top floor (which I can’t visit with a baby) so I’m stuck here wondering why That Husband and I are bickering about things that are no big deal. (Oh yeah, it’s the constant kerfluffing going on above us.)
I probably should have noted why I’m getting the Fitbit. Mrs. Penguin wrote some posts about it, which got me interested. I like that it updates wirelessly, has an iphone app, tracks your sleep, AND doesn’t mean a big black band on my arm!
5. We’ve started brainstorming how to get our unruly toddler over the Atlantic ocean to Poland without losing our minds. Anyone done a cross-continental flight like this that has any tips for me?
6. I tried to make granola and tasted it right before it went in the oven to realize that the coconut oil was rancid. I think that jar was like a year old, maybe 2 or 3. Smell check your ingredients before ruining an entire batch of goodies!
7. I’m leaving for Boston on Thursday! I have a weddnig in New Hampshire and while I’m there I plan to hang out with my Weddingbee friends, and help a friend of mine with some unpacking before her husband starts the MBA program at Harvard. You guys know I love food like no other, any suggestions for a must-visit spot while I’m there? Vegetarian friendly and seasonally focused if you please. 🙂
8. I went to the dermatologist, oh, about 8 months ago, and she gave me a cream to use on my face. She also may have mentioned that I was supposed to come see her again in something like a week or two, but I chose to ignore that. 6 months later and I can’t go even a day without using the cream before my rash comes back. Turns out the cream was steroids and my face was addicted! The new dermatologist I went to said I am not allowed to use that cream again and gave me something else. This means my face is hideous and itchy and all-around pretty gross looking. The point of me telling you this is to warn you that you might see that hideous rash pop up in pictures and that you should probably schedule a follow-up when your doctor tells you to do so.