03 Jul

That Wife Version 3.0

Posted by Jenna, Under blog

I finished a midterm on Saturday and decided to reward myself with a little time spent sprucing up That Wife. If you’re in Google Reader, click on over to see the beautiful design How Joyful developed for me. It’s completely customized and I think the touch of pink is a good reflection of who I am (I used to sign my name Princess Jenna through high school and loved the color pink).

Joy is offering¬†40% OFF pre made templates from her Etsy shop¬†with the code ‘JULY4TH’ for this week only. Maybe you’d like to give your site a summertime makeover as well?

I still have a few kinks to work out between readings and papers and midterms. Please feel free to drop by in the comments section and let me know what you think! (Including any issues you may spot while poking around.)

1. Melissa says:

I really like it!!

2. I love it, Jenna! I can’t really picture you signing your name “Princess Jenna” though – that’s pretty funny! :)

3. Ann Ever says:

Love it!

4. I love it, although the ads on the side start almost too high – it’s a little jarring. But maybe it just interrupts my normal thought on how a blog “should” look, with a header all the way across the top. (Also the ads don’t match the aesthetics, but you can’t be too picky about that!) It’s so pretty though!

Jessica Reply:

I agree, the ads are way too high. The rest looks great!

5. It looks great Jenna! Joy did a wonderful job (as always) :D

6. phruphru says:

You did NOT sign your name Princess Jenna! Ahhhh obnoxious teenagers. I like the new design.

7. I think the colors are really pretty– but (and maybe it is just me), but it is a little hard to read for me with the white background and light grey text.

Kelli Nicole Reply:

I have 2 monitors and it’s difficult for me to read on one of them as well (the only one that I use my browser in).

Piper Reply:

I can read it fine but the white is too bright and is making my head hurt :p maybe a light and warm cream color would work better?

Heather Fairbanks Reply:

I have a very hard time reading the pale colors – especially on my Nook tablet, to the point I’ve clicked over less often :( I also find the fonts a little awkward to read, they load pretty small both on my laptop and my Nook. The previous bold look was much more dynamic and impressive. This feels passive and less substansive.

Heather,

Is the text still showing up a very light gray to you? It’s darker for me now.

Heather Reply:

It might be darker than the first version, but still not as easy to read as before. The bolded items show up well on my Nook, much easier to read than the plain text. The pink of links is pretty tough too.

8. I love the overall look, but agree with the previous 2 comments — the gray text on white background is difficult to read on monitor and nearly impossible to read on the other. I know it’s probably just monitor settings, but something to consider…

9. Colleen C says:

Love it!! For some reason I’m not liking the words “I am” on you’d picture. I prefer just Jenna – random I know. Haha.

10. Looks great, Jenna! Congrats on the midterm :)

11. Love it! Great job.

12. Looks great! I love your bio.

13. Love the new look!

14. Melanie says:

Missing the search function! Gotta have it.

It’s in the right sidebar. I can’t figure out how to move it over.

15. Oooh! LOVE it!

16. I also find the grey on white difficult to read :( Also, because the background pattern is so sublte the overall effect is a bit washed out. I like the green and pink though :)

Stefanie Reply:

Is there a background pattern? Also, when I browse in Firefox, the header doesn’t show up. I just checked in IE and it shows up fine. I don’t know if it’s just my settings, though.

I agree, I do like the colors!

Kat Reply:

Sorry, I meant the weave pattern on the sides.

17. Love the new look!!!

18. Very nice! I love the colors and that photo of you is gorgeous :)

19. Definitely need darker text. Looks good otherwise!

20. I love it too, but as others said, the light grey text on the white background makes it really hard to read. Thanks!

21. I just wanted to chime in and say that’s it is looking really washed out for me. Also…it’s a little cluttered? I get where you’re going with the aesthetic but I think it needs to be a little more readable like the old site was :)

22. where is your formspring link?

I haven’t add one in. I haven’t been using the site as much and not sure how much I will in the future.

Julie Reply:

Oh no! I loved reading your answers!