06 Nov

TWLC3 Finale Photos and Winners

Posted by Jenna, Under weight

We don’t need to get into how badly I failed at this round of TWLC3 (honestly though, I didn’t have much choice due to T2). Luckily there are several women out there who did just the opposite, and I’m really excited to show you where they ended up after 6 months. I also know there are some women who participated in the Facebook

I’m sure some of you are curious if there will be a TWLC4. Heck yes! And likely a TWLC5 as well because I doubt I’ll reach my weight goals after just one round. For now I’m going to keep the Facebook group open and people are free to continue using that as a resource. I’ll post details about TWLC4 sometime around March, after T2 is born and I’ve had a chance to recover.

Now, on to the finale photos!

10.98% lost

jennacolecomp001

12.36% lost

(She’s the winner of TWLC2 and reached her goal weight in TWLC3!)
jennacolecomp002

13.67% lost

jennacolecomp003

First runner-up, who walked away with $200 as well as a Jenna Cole Photography session.

21.55% lost

jennacolecomp004

The winner completely blows my mind. Look at those results! She started TWLC3 at 14 months post-partum, and as you can see she now look like a completely different person. I asked her what she did, and she said it was “extremely supportive husband and great babysitting at my gym”. She went to the gym 5 days/week, powering through even when he was having a hard time adjusting to the new environment. She limits her TV viewing to the gym and splurges on mp3s to create mixes that keep her motivated. Her approach to diet mirrors what has been successful for me as well – she identified what is a temptation for her and works hard to avoid them wherever possible. She also logs what she eats in My Fitness Pal. She recently joined Best Body Bootcamp, which is somewhat similar to TWLC (pay a fee to join, cash prizes at the end, virtual community) which is helping her stay motivated to stay fit.

She won TWLC3 and for that I sent her $575!

30.4% lost

jennacolecomp005

Please take a moment to comment and tell these ladies what an awesome job they did!

Want to see the finale photos for TWLC1 and TWLC2?

1. That’s so awesome of everyone! I SO badly wanted to participate and even started out doing TWLC3…and then I got pregnant. Here’s hoping I’ll join in round 4 or 5 after this little one is born :) Congrats to everyone!!

2. Amazing!! This is really inspiring. Thanks, ladies, for sharing – I was waffling on going to the gym today and this is definitely getting me out the door. Congratulations to you all!!!

3. Congratulations to everyone! You look great. You are all so motivating – wow!

4. Holy cow, ladies! What an amazing job! This is just what I needed to see today. I’m 6 months postpartum and while I was a 4-6 before baby, I’m currently stuck at a 10-12. I’m really lacking motivation and time (seriously, I had no idea how much time I had before a baby!), so this is really inspiring. Time to get my butt in gear! Congrats on a job well done.

5. Wow, great job!

6. Awesome! Is there any chance for a post from these ladies? Maybe with a paragraph or 2 about their struggles and successes? I find weight loss fascinating because it is so different for everyone. Thanks for putting this together.

7. Great job ladies!

8. Great work!! Can the next one be 2 months? 6 months is WAY too long and so many things come up in people’s lives.

9. Congratulations ladies, you all look utterly AMAZING!!!! :)

10. You all look so fabulous! Way to do it the right & healthy way!

Thanks for sharing the before and after pictures with us. I bet it must feel just slightly weird to do that but it’s truly inspiring!

11. Oh wow! Way to go ladies! Depending on what happens in the next couple of months after I have this little girl who is currently digging her heel under my ribs I might be joining you in March. I’ve never dieted before so this postpartum stuff might be interesting. :)

12. You are all amazing!!! So happy for all of you ladies!

13. YAY!!! What awesome success! So happy to have participated in TWLC3 with such fabulous ladies!

Danielle Reply:

Brandy, I went back and looked at where you started in TWLC2…. OH MY GOODNESS! You look amazing. So inspiring! What did you do!?

14. Awesome job, ladies!!

15. Great job everyone!! What a great experience. Thanks Jenna for all of your work. Good luck in TWLC4 — I know you can reach your goal!

16. I read the post wrong and thought your runner-up was your winner. They all made quite visible changes! Congratulations to all of them.

17. Congrats ladies, awesome job!! I’d love to hear more about their tips/tricks for long-term weight management while enjoying life… :)

18. These results are so amazing! I have totally failed at every one of these challenges (though this year will be excused by a bad back injury) but I would totally jump on board for a fourth challenge. When are you due?

February. I think I’ll want to start TWLC4 around the end of March? It’s a lot of work so I’ll want to be out of the sleepless-blur-of-insanity phase.

Hannah Reply:

Yes, being out of the ‘blur’ is probably a good move. March is perfect timing for me – three months out from our wedding so I can step it up for the dress, haha :)

Are you guys flying back to Australia for the wedding? (I’m not sure if that is where you were planning on getting married…)

Hannah Reply:

No! We’re actually getting married in Israel :)

19. We need more posts. I miss reading about you and your family. So post more please!

20. Wow!! Very inspiring ladies. I’m pregnant and due December 30 but I’m definitely on board for the next one!! I can’t wait to get back in shape!

21. I somehow stumbled upon your blog and am enjoying it, but for some reason I can’t see the pictures in some posts– this post in particular I wanted to see, for the weight loss– any ideas why that’s happening? I can see pics in old posts (like 2010-11) and in the very new ones, but they stop being visible for me at the Feb 5 2013 post. I use a Samsung chromebook if that matters. Thanks for any insight you might have on this!