26 Jul

Join Me For DietBet #11

Posted by Jenna, Under weight

I signed up for my first DietBet in mid-March, about 6 weeks after I had T2. I was done breastfeeding and very ready to make some progress toward getting the baby weight off. I started at 182 lbs, and 10 bets (and 4.5 months) later I’m below my pre-pregnancy weight at 152. I feel I’m nearing the end of my DietBet run because my weight loss pace of just under 2lbs/week is going to get a lot harder as I get closer to my goal weight. I’ve made over $200 so far!

I’m going to try for a streak of 11 though, and I’m hoping you’ll join me for the month of August? Here is the link to my DietBet, beginning August 1st. Signing up, weighing in, keeping up with the game, and weighing out are all explained really well on the website and you’ll be walked through the process as you go. If you get confused leave a comment on the game wall and I, or someone else who has done bets before, will help you work through it. (If you work hard )28 days after you start, you’ll have less body fat AND more money in your pocket. What’s not to like, right?

1. You look lovely and very happy.

I know I don’t know you personally but I enjoy your blog; you were very passionate about your goals and I am genuinely glad for you that you are achieving them (although we’d all be rooting you on just the same!) Hope you are proud of all you have accomplished :-)

Best wishes to you and your family.

2. Just joined! My first one!

3. I just joined! Maybe this will be the motivation I need to finally do it!

4. You look great, Jenna! It seems like you got the weight off quicker with this pregnancy…what did you do differently the second time around to reach your goals than the first time?

Much faster this time. Last time I didn’t really buckle down and start working hard until my baby was around 8 months. This time I was ready at 6 weeks.

I’m working on a post about what I’ve done, but it boils down to low-cars a me no added sweetener. That’s really effective for me.

Hannah Reply:

Looking forward to reading your more detailed post!

5. Joining up! My scale met an untimely demise while weight my mother’s luggage when she went home so I’ll have to buy another! :)

6. Good for you Jenna! You look fantastic and I’m sure you feel great too! <3

7. Just joined, hopefully this will help me get rid of the last of my baby weight (a year later)

8. Jenna I’m curious what your thoughts are about dairy and weight loss. I share your passion for cheese but tried no dairy with whole30 and did lose weight. I’m trying to decide whether to stay (mostly) dairy free until I reach my goal or to go ahead and add it back.

I’m also grain free and very very little added sweetners – easiest and most effective diet I’ve ever done!

Rachel,

We have almost the same diet! I’ve also adjusted and been very happy with it over time.

Right now I’m trying to work on eating dairy with something else. The real problem is the times when I eat exclusively cheese, in large amounts, as a snack, and then don’t have room/desire to eat other things. It’s not the cheese itself that is the problem, it’s the amount and the exclusion of other things that my body needs to perform well. I try to pay attention to how I feel, see where the patterns are, and attack those. I’ve been losing weight at a great rate doing that so I think it might be a good long-term approach for me.